Friday, June 12, 2009

My mom's new boyfriend


Book/ Film: My mom's new boyfriend
Genre: Comedy/Romance
Author/ Director: George Gallo
Characters/ Actors: Antonio Banderas as Tommy, Meg Ryan as Marty, Collin Hanks as Henry, Selma Blair as Emily.

Review:


I chose this film because I really enjoyed it. It tells the story of a man named Henry who lives with his widowed, ugly and fat mother, Marty, and works for the FBI. After a journey of three years for a very secret investigation, he goes back to his house and finds out something incredible: his mother had been going on a diet and she was trully thin and very attractive! They inmediately started talking about their lives and Henry told her that he was engaged with a lovely woman who worked with him called Emily, who was arriving at the house some hours later. Marty took the most of the moment, and told him that she had been going on some dates, not only one, but lots at the same time! From that moment, the story turns so funny because it's all about meeting Marty's dates, but the real story begins when she knows a man named Tommy and falls in love with him. But the problem turns up when Henry discovers that the man is suspected of leading a gang of art thieves, and he is forced to spy her mother even in the most awkward situations.


In my opinion, this film is really nice and is so appropriated for the whole family, and I have to say that I had a great time when I saw it. I think the characters did a great job and so did the director.

Student name: María Agustina Forcatto
Class: 5ºH

1 comment:

  1. Haven't seen it but it sounds like the kind of film I would enjoy!
    Well written, Congrats!

    ReplyDelete